We started from scratch and learnt how to make our own gelatin plate, in the past I have used a purchased Gelli Plate.
She posted many videos and I enjoyed the class although I did make many prints that I wasn't happy with as well as some OK ones. I printed onto the back of old printer paper so it didn't matter if they didn't work out.
My main problem was that I didn't have much paint to use. I hadn't used my paints for so long that they had dried out and were useless.
I had to make the best of what I had.
Here is a photo of some of my prints.
I chose a simple vase shape and I quite liked the result but Linda suggested that I would have more room for interest if my vase shape was smaller.
Then I tried using some weeds from the garden and got an abstract like image.
I was starting to get a bit disillusioned and couldn't remember how I achieved some effects.
I decided to stop playing with paper because I am more interested in using fabric anyway.
When I switched to fabric I felt more at home and started to enjoy it more.
|Mono printing on fabric|
I decided to do things properly and test which paints worked better on fabric because it is a little more difficult than paper.
I'll post my test results in the next post.
Bye for now,