Pages

Wednesday 13 December 2017

Party Time

It's that time of the year when all the groups I belong to have their Christmas break up parties and we all look forward to a break from our commitments for a while.

I received a lovely bunch of flowers from the Waverley Art Quilters to say thank you for running the group.



We have finished our study of the principles and elements of design using the Sandra Meech book called Connecting Design to Stitch. Next year we are going back to studying various artists and themes. I have chosen all women abstract artists for us to discover and learn more about; that should be interesting.

A couple of years ago I gave a talk to the Westernport Quilters group and I spoke about my involvement with the Waverley Art Quilters and it inspired them to start their own group. I was so happy when I found out about it, they have gone a step further than us and have a page on their website showing their work.

You can see their art quilts here.

I only have one break up party to go and I will be officially on holidays from all duties, whew,  I need a break!
I have the good news that I got my Bernina 820 sewing machine back at last and it is sewing beautifully. Now I have no excuse, I have sewing to do.

There is still time to visit the AQIPP exhibition in Box Hill, it closes on Thursday 21st and it is well worth a visit. You can see my post about it here. I still want to get back there myself because the opening night was very busy.


Bye for now,
Linda

2 comments:

Robbie said...

I can only imagine how relieved/happy you are to have your machine back! Whether we use it or not, it should be in our room!!! Happy Holidays!

Linda Steele said...

Thank you Robbie, you are so right, I hated seeing the empty sewing cabinet.