Pages

Tuesday 24 October 2017

Time for a Change

My time as President of Waverley Patchworkers is over. I have finished my two years and last night was the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and we welcomed a new President, Jill. I know Jill well and I am sure that she will enjoy the role as much as I did.

I am staying on the committee as Vice President and so I received two badges last night, a Past President badge and a Vice President's badge.



Last week I spent all my spare time working on the quilt pattern from the Grace Errea Workshop and I managed to get the top finished in time to show it at our meeting last night.


It's a hibiscus flower and you can see a little frog peeping through the petals. I suppose I'll have to quilt it but it won't be for a while because my sewing machine is still being repaired.

We really enjoyed having Grace Errea as our special guest tutor and if you would like to see more photos from her workshops check out the Waverley Patchworkers Website.

Bye for now,
Linda

4 comments:

jude's page said...

Wow, that 2 years went fast! Lovely hibiscus, what size is it?

Robbie said...

First, congrats on being president for 2 years and now vice! Wonderful to dedicate your time and effort with a group!

I knew your flower from Grace's workshop would be good and this one is wonderful!!!

Linda Steele said...

That 2 year did fly, Jude. The Grace Errea top of the Hibiscus is about 34" square.

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Robbie, I hope to have a bit more sewing time now I am not President anymore.