Pages

Tuesday 30 May 2017

Be Creative with Workbox Magazine

There's a great magazine called Be Creative with Workbox from the UK. I am a subscriber now but I used to borrow copies of the Workbox magazine years ago from the Embroiderer's Guild library. I assume that Be Creative and Workbox combined into one magazine but I could be wrong about that, they might have just changed the title.

The magazine comes out every two months and it is crammed full of creative textile and embroidery techniques and interviews with artists.


How exciting to find that one of my quilts is in the current issue!

There is an article about the A Matter of Time Exhibition because the quilts are going to be exhibited at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham on the 10th-13th August 2017.

Here's a copy of page 1 and 2 of the article and that is my quilt on the far right.



Here is the 3rd page of the article.



I was thrilled that my quilt was one of the quilts chosen to be featured and super thrilled that my quilt is travelling to Birmingham. The exhibition is also travelling to the New Zealand Symposium on the 4th-10th October 2017 and the Houston Quilt Show on the 28th-5th November 2017.

I wish that I could travel to all those wonderful places and see the quilts there in person.

Here is a better photo of my quilt called Life on the Reef.


If you would like to read more about this quilt, please read my post from January 26th 2016 called Making Life on the Reef


If you are interested in a creative and inspiring textile magazine I highly recommend the
 Be Creative with Workbox magazine. Click on the link to order a subscription. I actually found the magazine in the newsagent a couple of months ago but it was in the art section not with the patchwork and quilting magazines. It is the only time I have ever seen it in Australia though.

Bye for now,
Linda

4 comments:

Gina E. said...

I am not at all surprised that this quilt was selected to go to England! It is one of my favourites out of all your quilts :-)

Linda Steele said...

You are so kind Gina, I wish I could travel with my quilt, a great way to see the world.

Unknown said...

Amazing

Linda Steele said...

Thank you