Pages

Tuesday 28 February 2017

Art Quilters Challenge

The Waverley Art Quilters got together last month for our first meeting of the year. At our Christmas break-up dinner at the end of last year we were all handed a paper bag with our challenge for the holidays. It was a very uninspiring piece of fabric and some lace.


I looked at the fabric for weeks wondering what on earth I could do with it. I tried out a few ideas but nothing excited me.  Finally I decided to play it safe and made a needle case with it.


I put a piece of wool felt inside for the needles and pins.


The other members of the group were much more inspired than me and did a wonderful job with their challenges.

I don't think it is appropriate to put their work on my blog, however it can be seen on the Waverley Patchworkers Facebook page.


Don't forget that the Australian Textile Exhibition is on at the Cranbourne Gardens this week.
Bye for now,
Linda

No comments: