Pages

Tuesday 6 September 2016

A Time for all Seasons- Spring

Spring is officially here in Australia, we managed to get through winter without too much cold weather I think.

I enjoyed making the Spring blocks for my latest quilt A Time for all Seasons.

A Time for all Seasons©2016 Linda Steele

I started the spring section with a sunrise to represent new beginnings.

Sunrise block

Here is a detail photo of the block.

Sunrise detail

I put a nest in the sunrise block to also represent new beginnings.

Sunrise block  nest
I did a blog post all about how I made the nest and you can read about it by clicking here.

I had to include a blossom tree in my Spring section because it is always so exciting to see the blossom trees come to life and I realise that the fine, sunny weather is approaching.

Spring Block
Spring detail


Where I live we also have a lot of windy days in Spring so in my next block I tried to represent the wind.

Spring-Wind

Wind detail

I tried to keep the corner of the Spring section light and breezy.

Spring Corner

Here is a photo of the Spring section from the centre of the quilt in the clock section. I included butterflies and bees as well as some spring flowers.

Spring detail from the clock
It's always good to feel some sun and notice the days getting slightly longer.

Bye for now,
Linda

No comments: