Pages

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Charm Bracelet

I received an exciting package in the mail last month. I had received a newsletter from the
 Quilted Crow earlier in the year and they mentioned a block of the month that they were running where every 2 months you would receive a little quilt charm that was actually a miniature quilt block and also a pattern and some fabric to make a quilt that matched the charms.

I haven't participated in a block of the month for years and on an impulse I signed up for it. For the past few years I have been busy doing applique and crazy quilting so I haven't done any traditional pieced blocks for a long time and thought it would be fun to some piecing again.

I signed up for this quite a few months ago and I had completely forgotten about it until a package arrived.



It was very exciting to open it and this is what I found.

Pattern, fabric and charm bracelet




Inside the little box were the charm bracelet and the first little charm which is a log cabin block.

Charm bracelet


As you can see from the fabrics it is very traditional and country style but I think it will be fun for a change. The little charm is actually made of fabric and it is a micro miniature block. I don't know how they made them so small.
It is ¾" square.
 
The charms and blocks will arrive every two months. I'll make this block up over the holidays.
 
Bye for now,
Linda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

t looks lovely, can you bring it along on Friday, I would love to see it.
Cathie

Linda Steele said...

Yes, I'll bring it on Friday. Looking forward to our Christmas lunch.
Linda

MarneyMay said...

What a lovely little block. T