Pages

Friday 7 September 2012

Houston Silent Auction Progress

I was invited to make a quilt for the IQA Houston Silent Auction this year. I decided on a hand crazy quilt based on my quilt naturally Crazy that is a finalist in Houston this year. I wrote a post last month about starting the quilt.

I have been busy trying to get this done as well as keeping up with the Crazy Quilt Journal Blocks every month.

Here are some photos of some of the embroidery I've been doing on it.

Kookaburra
Butterfly
Lace motifs and ribbon
Finally here is the finished block.
Finished Block
Now I have to add a border and quilt this little quilt. It shouldn't take very long because the finished quilt will only be about 16" square.

Bye for now,
Linda

6 comments:

Gina E. said...

It is all gorgeous, but I really love the little Blue Wren.

MarneyMay said...

Linda this is stunning and I love all the Australian animals
Pauline

Frances Clements Fawcett said...

Hi Linda - Congrats on your IQA invite. Your quilt block is so wonderful! I'm in love with the kukaburra which for some reason reminds me of a kingfisher. I'll have to look it up! Have fun at your quilt retreat/class - isn't that coming up this weekend?
Hugs from Port Townsend,
Frances

Frances Clements Fawcett said...

ah-ha! I guessed correctly! ; ) Cheers, FcF

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Gina and Pauline,I hope some people bid for it.
Linda

Linda Steele said...

Thanks Frances, You are right, they are very similar. I had a wonderful time at the retreat.
Linda